.. Visitors Right Now
Rockwool Acoustic insulation RWA45
Rockwool introduces these high-standard semi-rigid, flexible resin bonded slabs specifically for use in acoustic, thermal and fire insulation. These slabs are built in a number of thickness and densities in order to suit maximum requirements. The RWA45 slabs are ideal for multiple applications including thermal insulation for walls, floors, boiler rooms and roofs.
The Rockwool slabs are also good for ventilation plants in all types of offshore platforms and ships, buildings, acoustics ceilings and partition panels.
|Thickness||Slabs Per Pack||Pack Coverage|
- Water repellent
- Cost effective
- Excellent thermal, acoustic and fire insulation
- Resists high temperatures
- No maintenance
- Black or white tissues and aluminum foil facings available
- Board Thickness: 25mm or 30mm or 40mm or 50mm or 60mm or 75mm or 100mm
- Board Size: 1200 x 600+
- Stress required to produce 10% compression (kN/m2): 3.0
- Stress required to reach elastic limit (kN/m2): 3.5
- Displacement at 5 kN/m2 stress: 16.5 %
- Brand: Rockwool
- Fire: assessed by LPC as a suitable product for upgrading the fire resistance of dense concrete slabs.
The RWA45 does not have Ozone Depleting potential or Global warming potential and therefore complies with the relatively modest threshold of GWP<5 included in documents such as the Code for Sustainable homes. Rockwool Ltd. is increasingly involved in recycling waste rockwool material that may be generated during installation or at end of life disposal.
Health and safety:
Current HSE 'CHIP' regulations and EU directive 97/69/EC confirms the safety of Rockwool material wool.
Rockwool slabs are certified by Lloyd's register of shipping as non-combustible materials for use on:
Fixed offshore installations
MED classed ships- DTLR MCA approval
These slabs are rated non-combustible in accordance with ISO 1182 and IMO A.799.