.. Visitors Right Now
Black Phosphate Coarse Thread Drywall Screws are hardened carbon steel screws which come with an extremely corrosion resistant phosphate finish. It holds self-starting needle point and twin threads for fast fixing of dry lining and plasterboard to timber framing and studs without the need for pre-drilling.
- Black Phosphate finish for providing increased durability. Proven to withstand 50 hour salt spray test.
- It has 25 degree Super Sharp (SS) point for ease of penetration.
- Typically designed for fitting dry linings to timber studding.
- Generally Coarse-thread drywall screws have slightly greater pull-out strength than fine thread screws.
- Faster to install due to fewer threads.
- Designed with Bugle Head which allows the screw to sink effortlessly into the dry lining without the need for countersinking, which in turn minimises the damage to the surface.
- Made from C10 - 18 Steel.
- Used for fitting plasterboard, fibreboard, and other types of insulation boards to wood or steel studding.
- Coarse threads are used when threaded into aluminium or cast iron because the finer threads tend to strip more easily in these materials.
- They are stronger when assembled with lower strength nut or tapped hole materials
- Bugle head minimizes damage to the surface enabling a smoother surface finish.
- Predominantly used when fitting plasterboard to timber stud work.